Monday, February 16, 2009

A Wonderful Day

Under normal circumstances, I fear spending too much time alone with my kids. without other adults. being in charge.

Today was not one of those days.

Thanks to the help of some friends and my parents and well timed playdates, I got to spend a little time alone with each girl this weekend. That is a rarity during tax season. They are so much easier to appreciate one-on-one. We get to have that individual alone time that you don't get when you are the single mom because dad is working 7 days a week. It was awesome.

Today, my nephew Jake was here to play and hang out with us. We ran some errands together and just hung out. Did you know that for less than $10 you can by a complete lunch for 4 people, including dessert, at BJ's? They played at AC Moore, played outside, went to the park, I did some laundry. It was a great afternoon.

I just met my sister to drop Jake off, and now I am home with my girls. We are all watching Mama Mia that I picked up from Blockbuster, eating popcorn and having a grand old President's Day.

Sometimes, I really love being home with my girls, just the 3 of us. Right now is one of those times.

No comments: