Thursday, January 29, 2009

Seriously, I say this at least 14 times a day. It is a chair. A standard issue el-cheapo office chair. I have it in my classroom. Why is it that kids (read 7th and 8th graders, otherwise known as 2-legged hormones) just like to sit on this chair and SPIN? ...over and over. Why is it that when I ask them to stop, they can't for more than like 12 seconds? I mean, these kids have all been to amusement parks. The school I teach in is not that far from Great Adventure (Six Flags)? They go on all these super flipping roller coaster rides. They have been to Dorney Park, Hershey Park, Disney, all kinds of places. What is so frigging fascinating about a spinning office chair?

Don't even get me started on the hydraulics! OMG, the fact that there is a lever that can make the chair height lower.... they are all like, "Pimp my chair, baby!" Yeah, the newest MTV show, let's pimp out a standard issue office chair? Pre-teens are amazing. Their poor parents must spend a fortune on all the appropriate video games and ipods and cell phones.


Here is a tip, moms and dads.... go to Office Depot and get them the $79 special in mustard yellow. It will keep them amused foreva!

I hope I remember this when my girls turn 12?

No comments: