Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day 2 is about.....






















Coffee... and more importantly, the cup you drink it from. I have not always been a coffee fan. As a matter of fact, I never did like it much at all. Then I got pregnant for the first time. Seems like being limited on the amount of caffeine I was allowed to have made coffee just all the more appealing to me. The smell was heavenly. To this day, nothing thrills my senses like the smell of a fresh cup of java, ahhhh..... This morning was rainy and cold and I woke up with coffee on the brain. I had a cup at home, and another at work. Then I was craving another after lunch, but the power went out and I couldn't get anything. Now, I have a cold and I am sipping on some warm tea. That is pretty good too. Whatever the beverage, warm and sweet, it is always better in a big mug. The mug has to have a good weight to it, fit in your hand just right, and it has to have a look to it. I like mugs that remind me of something. Mugs that make me smile. Not something random. It has to come from some particular time, place or event. It can be stupid, "Someone went to so-an-so and all I got was this lousy mug" is fine if the person is a good friend and you have a laugh or a joke about it. This one was a gift from a student one year. Ira and I fight over it sometimes. We finally had to go get a second one. Its a good mug. Makes the coffee taste better I think.

1 comment:

jan williams said...

I too drink coffee when it turns cold here..Nothing better than that!!! Love that mug! I have one that says I Love Grandma...Reminds me how old I am... LOL